Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Conseil de Classe

Today I had my conseil de classe or "class council." The class council is the French way of a parent teacher conference, only, without the parents and all the teachers and all the students at once. Everyone is situated around a circular group of tables with the teachers on one side and the students on the other. Then, one by one, in front of the other students, each student's grades are discussed, I was the first student. The conseil de classe has a sort of tribunal feel; with the elders either chastising you or complimenting you. My teachers all had very positive things to say about me, my homeroom teacher told me congratulations on my grades. It was very intimidating and I felt bad for all the students who were the recipients of negative comments. I think I prefer parent-teacher conferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment