Saturday, November 10, 2012

Best day ever! And no, I am not quoting Tangled.

Today was simply phenomenal. I woke up thinking to myself "It is Friday, you should go to the mall or maybe the pool," and I ended up not doing either of them. I went flying with my SVT (Science de la Vie de la Terre) teacher. It was... indescribable. I soared over the land supported only by a parachute. I saw the world moving below me, the sun shining right in my face. I soared over the river, over fields, over small villages, and over the Citadel. I smiled and laughed, exhilarated by my newest adventure. And it was free! Apparently the French are so excited to show their generosity towards Americans that they often leave off the charges (my soccer is also free "no fee for the American".)
 



 


 

 


After flying, I stopped at a bakery on my way home and purchased an unknown pastry. Custard+chocolate+cream+other unknown ingredients= AmAzInG.

After flying and the pastry, I figured my day was just about over, but I was wrong. My host mom had two tickets to a concert. I went with my host mom's nephew (he was related somehow.) It was a really cool show! It turned out to be a rap concert but there was a full on band playing. You had the guy rapping, the piano, a couple guitars, a bass, and drums. Oh, and the lighting just made it that much cooler.

So, all in all, my day was pretty much fantastic. Flying, food, and a rap concert.



P.S. here is a link to a video of my take off and landing http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KOBhL9qWSco 

No comments:

Post a Comment