Thursday, October 11, 2012

Catching Up

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote!
  Starting with school: I have been doing pretty good, I understand most of what is said and I have been getting pretty good scores on tests. I got a 10/20 on my Physics/Chemistry test (which is only slightly below the average for the class), a 5/10 in Earth Science (the same as some of my friends) and in math, I got a 14/20! (better than the average score in my class). In history we had a written test, I wrote a page and a half! I had to reference my French-English dictionary a lot but I was still very happy with what I had written. The only problem is that the teacher couldn't figure out how to grade my paper so I still don't know how I did.
  Next we move on to soccer: Soccer is so much fun! It is a great group of girls who are always laughing and poking fun at eachother. I seemed to be accepted right away and I look forward to every training. Today we were supposed to miss school and go play in a tournament for the day. The tournament was rained out so we all had to go to class. My class was in the middle of a test which meant that no one could enter or leave so I just sat outside the room and watched Hunger Games on my iPod.
  Last weekend I went to the house of my host mom's friend. He lives 5 kilometers from the Swiss border so on Sunday we went to Nuechatel in Switzerland. We sat next to Lake Nuechatel and listened to a group of people with djembes and looked out at the lake with the Alps in the distance.
  France has been pretty good to me and every day I am thankful for this oppurtunity to go abroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment